Low-temperature radiation-induced conductivity of polystyrene under the action of low-energy electrons
A technique has been developed and, for the first time, sufficiently complete data on the radiation-induced conductivity (RIC) of polystyrene (PS) at a temperature of 79 K, close to the boiling point of liquid nitrogen (77 K). RIC has been studied under pulsed and continuous exposure to electrons with an energy of 50 keV. It is shown that the RIC of PS at a temperature of 79 K, as well as at room temperature, determined by the sum of two components: prompt and delayed. Both components at 79 K are much smaller than at 298 K. The total signal falls off by a factor of 40, while the delayed component falls off by a factor of almost 200, and the prompt component dominant in the RIC signal. The possibility of the occurrence of electrostatic discharges (ESD) in PS with decreasing temperature was studied. It has been shown that PS, which is capable of resisting the occurrence of ESD at room temperature, at 79 K passes into the category of materials in which ESD is possible. Keywords: electron radiation, radiation-induced conductivity, polystyrene, low temperatures, electrification.
- A.P. Tyutnev, V.S. Saenko, E.D. Pozhidaev, N.S. Kostyukov, Dielektricheskie svoistva polimerov v polyakh ioniziruyushchikh izlucheniy (Nauka, M., 2005), p. 453. (in Russian)
- A.V. Tolmachev, Avtoref. kand. diss.fiz.-mat. nauk (Chernogolovka, IKhF AN SSSR, 1984) (in Russian)
- A.V. Tolmachev, L.V. Lukin, B.S. Yakovlev, Khim. Fizika , 4, 557 (1985) (in Russian)
- B.S. Yakovlev, E.L. Frankevich, Zhurn. fiz. khim., 40 (6), 1327 (1966) (in Russian)
- B.S. Yakovlev, G.F. Novikov, Uspekhi khimii 63 (5), 402 (1994) (in Russian)
- M.I. Panasyuk, L.S. Novikov, Model' kosmosa. Fizicheskie usloviya v kosmicheskom prostranstve (KDU, M., 2007), v. 1 (in Russian)
- A.P. Tyutnev, V.S. Saenko, I.R. Mullakhmetov, I.I. Agapov. J. Appl. Phys., 129, 175107 (2021). DOI: 10.1063/5.0048649
- A. Tyutnev, V. Saenko, A. Zhadov, E. Pozhidaev. Polymers, 11, 2061 (2019). DOI: 10.3390/polym11122061
- S.R. Tumkovskiy, I.R. Mullakhmetov, E.D. Pozhidaev, V.S. Saenko, Informatsionnyie tekhnolgii, 28 (5), 233 (2022) (in Russian). DOI: it_28_233-239
- NASA-Technical Handbook: Mitigating in-Space Charging Effects --- A Guideline, document Rec. NASA-HDBK-4002B, Jul. 2022
- S.G. Boev, V.A. Paderin, A.P. Tyutnev. J. Electrostatics, 34 (1), 27 (1995). DOI: 10.1016/0304-3886(94)00025-R
Подсчитывается количество просмотров абстрактов ("html" на диаграммах) и полных версий статей ("pdf"). Просмотры с одинаковых IP-адресов засчитываются, если происходят с интервалом не менее 2-х часов.
Дата начала обработки статистических данных - 27 января 2016 г.