Second-harmonic generation in the surface layer of a dielectric spheroidal particle: II. Analysis of the solution
The vectors used in the solution of the problem of second-harmonic generation in the surface layer of a dielectric spheroidal particle are explicitly expressed in terms of the basis vectors of the spherical, cylindrical, and Cartesian coordinate systems. Three-dimensional directivity patterns characterizing the spatial distribution of the generated radiation in the far-field region and its polarization are constructed. It is found that for a small size of a spheroidal particle, the directivity pattern due to each of the non-chiral components of the nonlinear dielectric susceptibility tensor has its own individual shape. A proportional increase in the linear dimensions of the particle leads to separation of several directions of predominant radiation with a high directivity in the directivity pattern. If the exciting radiation has a linear polarization, then the generated radiation due to one (any) of the independent components of the tensor is also linearly polarized. Mathematical properties characterizing the spatial distribution of the generated radiation in the far-field region and properties associated with the change of problem parameters are found for the functions used in the solution. A relationship between the symmetries of the directivity patterns of doubled-frequency radiation and the indicated properties is revealed. The conditions under which the generation of radiation does not occur and the conditions under which the generated radiation has a linear polarization are found. The above conditions are related to the features of the spatial distribution of the generated radiation and its polarization, illustrated in the directivity patterns. Methods for estimating the independent components of the nonlinear dielectric susceptibility tensor using these conditions are proposed. Keywords: second-harmonic generation, spheroidal dielectric particle, symmetry of the spatial distribution of radiation, conditions for the absence of generation, conditions for the generation of linearly polarized radiation.
- A.A. Shamyna, V.N. Kapshai. Opt. Spectrosc., 126 (6), 645 (2019). DOI: 10.1134/S0030400X19060225
- V.N. Kapshai, A.A. Shamyna. Opt. Spectrosc., 126 (6), 653 (2019). DOI: 10.1134/S0030400X19060134
- V.N. Kapshai, A.A. Shamyna. Opt. Spectrosc., 123 (3), 440 (2017). DOI: 10.1134/S0030400X17090144
- A.A. Shamyna, V.N. Kapshai. Opt. Spectrosc., 124 (1), 103 (2018). DOI: 10.1134/S0030400X18010198
- A.A. Shamyna, V.N. Kapshai. Opt. Spectrosc., 125 (1), 71 (2018). DOI: 10.1134/S0030400X1807024X
- S. Wunderlich, B. Schurer, C. Sauerbeck, W. Peukert, U. Peschel. Phys. Rev. B, 84 (23), 235403 (2011). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.84.235403
- S. Viarbitskaya, V. Kapshai, P. van der Meulen, T. Hansson. Phys. Rev. A, 81 (5), 053850 (2010). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevA.81.053850
- S. Jen, H. Dai, G. Gonella. J. Phys. Chem. C, 114 (10), 4302 (2010). DOI: 10.1021/jp910144c
- A.A. Shamyna, V.N. Kapshai. Opt. Spectrosc., 126 (6), 661 (2019). DOI: 10.1134/S0030400X19060237
- J.I. Dadap, J. Shan, T. Heinz. J. Opt. Soc. Am. B., 21 (7), 1328 (2004). DOI: 10.1364/JOSAB.21.001328
Подсчитывается количество просмотров абстрактов ("html" на диаграммах) и полных версий статей ("pdf"). Просмотры с одинаковых IP-адресов засчитываются, если происходят с интервалом не менее 2-х часов.
Дата начала обработки статистических данных - 27 января 2016 г.